Explore Branson Golf Courses Named to Golf Magazine Public Courses List
Destination Releases Late Summer, Early Fall Golf Vacation Deals
Branson Creek Golf Club, a partner of Explore Branson Golf, has been named to Golf Magazine's Annual Top 100 Courses You Can Play in the U.S., taking the No. 1 spot in Missouri and a spot among the best public courses in the nation.
In addition, Branson Creek was among only 16 courses in America to be noted as Best for the Bargain, which recognizes top courses that offer a significant value to golfers.
Payne Stewart Golf Club, another Explore Branson Golf partner, was named fourth best public course in Missouri, in an elite list of only five courses in the state.
"Branson golf courses continue to be showstoppers, offering a great round at affordable rates year-round," says Ross Summers, president of the Branson Chamber of Commerce and the Branson Convention and Visitors Bureau. We're proud of our destination's success in delivering award-winning experiences that all Americans can enjoy.
The biennial list was released last week, reviewing over 14,000 public courses in the nation on such factors as overall playability and course conditioning.
Branson courses have previously been named to Golfweek Magazine's annual ranking, among other noted golf publications.
Branson Gets Nod From Southwest for 2013 Service
Golf courses in Branson will become even more accessible next year, as Southwest Airlines confirms it will start welcoming its red-bellied aircraft into the Branson Airport beginning in early 2013. The independently owned airport signed a multi-year agreement with Southwest last month. Final routes and rates are expected to be released at a later date.
Branson currently offers non-stop service through eight major cities and one-stop service to over 100 cities nationwide through current low-cost carriers, including Air Tran, Branson Express and Frontier. Air Tran was purchased by Southwest and announced in January it would continue service to Branson, in the heartland of America.
Southwest planes will replace Air Tran-logoed jets into Branson.
Branson Releases Summer, Fall Golf Deals
Exploring any of the award-winning Ozark Mountain golf courses will be easier on pockets as the destination releases its late summer and early fall golf specials.
* Murder Rock Golf Club has partnered with the Radisson Hotel Branson for an exceptional stay and play package that is both affordable and convenient. Receive a two-night stay and breakfast for two at the Radisson Hotel and two rounds of golf at Murder Rock starting at $149 per night. Visit www.Radisson.com/BransonMO or call 1-800-967-9033 for rates and reservation details.
* Unlimited Golf" at Pointe Royale: Play unlimited golf at Point Royale Golf Village with a cart at any time, on any day, for seven straight days, for $225. If you play one round a day, that's roughly $30 per round. Throw in an afternoon nine as well, and the unit price plunges further. Call the Pro Shop at 417.334.4477 for more details. Weekly golf passes must be picked up in the pro shop.
* Payne Stewart Golf Club Offers Gift Card: From now through the end of September, golfers can book a tee time at Payne Stewart for $109 plus tax and receive a $25 gift card. The gift card can be used toward greens fee, pro shop merchandise or food and beverage. Call 417.337.2963 for details.
* LedgeStone Unveils Fall Specials, "Extreme Twilight": LedgeStone Country Club is now offering "Extreme Twilight" deals for the month of August. Play the award-winning course for $65 in the afternoon and receive a $10 voucher to the LedgeStone Bar & Grille. Or choose to play after 2 p.m. for $49, which also includes the $10 voucher to the LedgeStone Bar & Grille. Call 417.335.8187 for more details. LedgeStone also has golf packages available for individuals and groups. Special golf rates, and overnight lodging within the gated golf club community, StoneBridge Village, provide value and convenience. Lodges feature hardwood floors, plank ceilings and stone fireplaces. Each bedroom has a private bathroom, each with a large whirlpool tub and separate shower. To book a golf package for LedgeStone Country Club at StoneBridge Village, call 866-322-1373, or visit www.stonebridgebranson.com.
* Platinum Experience at Thousand Hills: If Branson's live entertainment, plethora of restaurants, and great golf appeal, the Thousand Hills 2012 Platinum Experience is your ticket to value and options. Valid March 1 through December 31, 2012, Thousand Hills Golf Resort will give each qualified reservation a booklet to experience some of Branson's most popular shows, attractions, activities and restaurants with savings valued at $750. To receive, make a reservation to stay and play between now and December 31, 2012 in any 2 bedroom or larger golf condo, lake condo, or log cabin unit (group reservations and reservations in 1 bedroom, King or Queen Suite units do not qualify). Receive your Platinum Experience Booklet at check-in, and follow the instructions on each coupon for redemption. To book, call 1-877-262-0430 or visit www.thousandhills.com/platinum-experience
News Source: Buffalo Communications
Posted August 8, 2012 || Viewed 1,879 times